Skip to main content

Perspective

One day, the father of a very wealthy family took his son on a trip to the country with the express purpose of showing him how poor people live.

They spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of what would be considered a very poor family. On their return from their trip, the father asked his son, "How was the trip?" "It was great , Dad." "Did you see how poor people live?" the father asked. "Oh yeah, " said the son. "So , tell me, what did you learn from the trip?" asked the father.

The son answered: "I saw that we have one dog and they had four. We have a pool that reaches to the middle of our garden and they have a creek that has no end. We have imported lanterns in our garden and they have the stars at night. Our patio reaches to the front yard and they have the whole horizon. We have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields that go beyond our sight. We have servants who serve us, but they serve others. We buy our food, but they grow theirs. We have walls around our property to protect us, they have friends to protect them." The boy's father was speechless.

Then his son added, "Thanks Dad for showing me how poor we are." Isn't perspective a wonderful thing? Makes you wonder what would happen if we all gave thanks for everything we have, instead of worrying about what we don't have. Appreciate every single thing you have, especially your friends!

"Life is too short and friends are too few."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Every Day Month Day 7 - Encaustic Wax

I'm really enjoying blogging again, it's been years since I have written everyday. I used to do morning pages before I got pregnant, I have heaps of books full of my dribble. The Artist Way by Julia Cameron got me into the morning pages! Every artist should own a copy of that book! 
I was talking to a friend yesterday and she wanted me to order her a box of encaustic wax. I haven't done any encasutic for such a long time, so today was the day to dust off the cobwebs and get melting. 
Here are my 2 creations for the day...

Releasing my MADNESS! 

Getting more into it without distractions

Don't you love the texture wax makes!
I have been looking for my cutter cause this card is too big and I just can't find it anywhere. 
Here are some other pieces I have done, in the past with encaustic wax.

This one was done with the iron on card.

This one was done with the iron on card. 

This one was done with the iron on card.

This one was done with the iron on card.

This was done with a paint…

Finally life is back to normal

Today is the first day in nearly 2 weeks that we have back our happy little singing girl. Nothing worse than a sick child! It makes you realise, on days like today, how lucky we have it.
I got a lot done today I started painting a series of affirmations paintings for our house. It will be nice to be surrounded in positive words when we need them. Called into the recycling centre and the supermarket. Gave shit to plummer Dan when he walked in on me cleaning the shower and chatted to the builder who is fixing our bathroom floor. Caught up with Chanz, Mum and Lyn. Got my 4 artist trading cards ready to send off 2mora for the next trade. Bought a Norfolk pine for our Christmas Tree, potted it in a lovely pot and decorated. I also split up one of my plants that I have wanted to do for sometime now but had ran out of potting mix. I got a shock when I drove into the Springvale Garden Centre it's FLASH! They have a kids play area, I have never been to a garden centre with a playground in …

Art Every Day Month Day 28 - Helpful tips for NZ Artists

I want to share with you some very basic tips for New Zealand Artists.
If you don't have access to a computer buy one ASAP, it will open many opportunities for you, not just in your local community but all over the world.
PACE Program  
Pathways to Arts and Cultural Employment (financial assistance). PACE was launched by Minister's Maharey and Tizard on 9 November 2001 and became effective from 12 November 2001 (I was one of the first on the PACE program). The aim of PACE is to assist job seekers willing and able to pursue a career in the arts and creative industries to move to wards sustainable employment and self-sufficiency. To find out more visit workandincome.govt.nz and search 'PACE'.
EMAIL
If you don't have an email address I recommend using Gmail. Gmail offers you to store larger amounts of data. Make sure you keep all your emails to clients as a reference to look back at from time to time.  Visit: gmail.com to sign up for a free address. When making an email ad…